OLCC app
Oregon Liquor Control Commission Service Permit Application


Permit Qualifying Form
OLCC Server Permit Qualifying Form

The OLCC Server Permit Application

The OLCC Service Permit Application and $23 fee (separate from the tuition of your course) are used to process your permit and to run a background check on the applicant and the OLCC Service Permit Eligibility form is used by the applicant to see if he or she qualifies for the alcohol server permit.  The application can be filled out and sent to the OLCC before your class or after you have completed the class.  You, however, cannot serve, sell or mix alcohol until this application is filled out correctly, signed and mailed to the OLCC (address is at the top of the form).  It must be mailed, not electronically sent to the OLCC.  Here are the instructions on how to fill out the application:

  • Fill out the application form completely
  • Sign the form
  • Have an authorized person sign the form Owner or manager, approved temporary agency, ASE instructor, and an OLCC employee.
  • Mail the application and fee to the address on the form
  • Keep a copy of the application as a temporary permit
  • Pass an Alcohol Server Education (ASE) course within 45 days OLCC does not teach the ASE class.

Applicants who have passed the ASE class in the last 7 years may renew their service permit by repeating the initial class, or by taking a renewal class. The passing score is higher for the renewal class. Call 503-872-5133 or 1-800-452-6522, ext 5133 to see if you qualify for a renewal class.

Additional Information:

  • If you are 18 to 21 years old Applicants between 18 and 21 years old can get a minor service permit.
  • Minor servers may sell and serve alcohol only in areas where food service is the primary activity and not in areas prohibited to minors.
  • Minors may not mix drinks or work as bartenders or cocktail servers.
  • Minor servers may enter areas prohibited to minors only long enough to pick up drink orders (to be served only in areas not prohibited to minors); stock supplies and performs food service duties, such as bussing tables and delivering food.
  • On your 21st birthday, the minor permit will allow you all of the privileges of an adult server.

Applicants living in remote areas: OLCC may extend your 45-day period to pass the ASE class if you live in a county with a population of less than 100,000 people. Any request must be in writing and show unusual circumstances which keep you from taking the class within your 45-day period (e.g., lengthy hospitalization or disability). OLCC will not give extensions to applicants in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Lane, Marion, Jackson, Deschutes, and Linn counties.